Ugrás a menühöz.Ugrás a keresődobozhoz.Ugrás a tartalomhoz.



 
286.06 KB
2008-03-31 14:22:44
 Gelse - Handbook of Zala county (Zala megye kézikönyve) - Hatvan, CEBA-Hungary Ltd, 1998.jpg
 

image/jpeg
Nyilvános Nyilvános
294
1824
Gelse


BASIC INFORMATION
It lies 17 km from Nagykanizsa. Its railway station was built in the 1870 s. The name of the settlement was mentioned as early as 1226 in the form of Gelse. The area has been settled since the earliest times. In the 13 th century Gelse belonged to the fort of Zala. During the Anjou reign it was a settlement with a church. Some finds date back to the Turkish times.
By 1770 the settlement was densely populated. The inhabitants were mainly involved in growing rye, wheat and corn. The real development of the area started at the end of 19 th and at the beginning of 20 th century when the railway line building started. A few people work in the factories of Nagykanizsa or work for different industrial firms or in service industry. Still a very important role is devoted to agriculture (wine - growing). Apart from a few craftsmen there is no considerable industrial activity in Gelse.


This text came from the following book:

Title: Handbook of Zala county (Zala megye kézikönyve)
Series: County handbooks of Hungary (Magyarország megyei kézikönyvei)
Chief editor: Hóbor József
Publisher: (Hatvan), CEBA-Hungary Ltd, 1998
ETO: 908.439.121(035) ; 050.8(439.121)
ISBN: 963-9089-18-2
Pages: 488-1040 p.
Remark: Closed on: 1998. márc. 31.